All sessions are scheduled in Eastern Time. If you join early, you will be taken to a Waiting Room page and you will be redirected to your live session two (2) minutes prior to the start time. Visit the Tech Tips page to learn about all the great technology we will use during the conference and how to prepare best. Most sessions will be delivered using Microsoft Teams. The recommended live user experience is joining via computer desktop and downloading the Microsoft Teams desktop app. Consultations and 1:1 meetings are delivered in the Swoogo web browser and available only on desktop.
Follow along and build your own “Email Event Participants” Power App and embed it in a SKY Add-in™ tile in Raiser's Edge NXT®.
This session will be using the Microsoft Power Platform and assumes that all attendees will have appropriate privileges to create workflows on Power Automate and make apps on Power Apps. Please visit both these sites right now and click on “Create” in the left sidebar navigation. If you are prompted to upgrade, then you do not have access and will need to contact your IT administrator as soon as possible to ensure you have access to a paid account or free trial in advance of June 17th.
In this Skills Lab, we will be creating a Power App to launch a workflow on Power Automate to deliver a quick Outlook or Gmail email to registered event participants.
To successfully participate in the Skills Lab, please ensure you have completed the following steps:
- Create a SKY Developer account if you do not already have one. This account represents you as a developer within the Blackbaud Developer Portal.
- Link your Raiser’s Edge NXT instance to the Microsoft Power Platform by completing these initial set-up steps. If you have a TEST Environment, we suggest you make use of this for the Skills Lab. If you do not have access to Control Panel to complete these steps, you will need to ask for permission from your Raiser’s Edge NXT administrator.
- Create a TEST Event in Raiser’s Edge NXT webview with at least 2 seeded TEST participants registered– it is ideal if you use an email address you have access to as the contact email for these participants.
- Review the SKY Add-in documentation.
- To participate fully in this Skills Lab, we recommend you use 2 monitors – one to follow along with your expert instructor and the other open to the workspace, in this case Microsoft Power Automate, to follow along with the build.