CALL FOR SPEAKERS IS OPEN!
K-12 UC Virtual brings together admission directors, IT directors, heads of schools, educators, financial managers, marketing and communication experts, and many more to discuss trends, best practices, and outcome-based solutions that connect and power your whole school. Speaking at Blackbaud 2021 K–12 UC Virtual is your opportunity to help lead the conversation.
We're looking for speakers who are able to inspire, entertain, and engage our audience through interactive presentations or workshops providing practical takeaways in a virtual environment. If you're interested in presenting a session, please review the information on this page and then submit your proposal by clicking on the "submit your proposal" button below. The deadline to submit is by 11:59 p.m. ET on March 24, 2021.
If your session is accepted for the conference program, you will be notified via the email address provided in your proposal. Our committee will start the review process after March 24 and begin to notify accepted speakers by mid-April.
CONTENT FOCUS AREAS
Breakout sessions will be organized into established conference content areas (i.e. tracks) to help guide audiences through topics of interest. You will be asked to pick the primary content area you feel your session best fits. Secondary content areas will be used to tag your sessions accordingly.
Academics & Student Information
Admissions & Marketing
IT & Leadership
Please review Blackbaud's Speaker Policies below before submitting your presentation. When you submit a session for consideration, you are agreeing to and complying with the speaker guidelines and expectations listed below.
- Maximum of four (4) speakers total per session.
- Maximum of two (2) speakers from the same organization can participate in the same session.
- You agree that you are available to present your submitted session during the session blocks from July 13–15, 2021.
- We encourage that panel speakers reflect diverse genders, ethnicities, races, experiences, and abilities.
Session proposals will be reviewed and evaluated using the following criteria:
- Quality of content: Reduced session lengths and virtual attendee fatigue call for concise and compelling sessions.
- Relevance to audience: Content should examine and explore the needs, challenges, and opportunities K–12 schools face today and in the future.
- Approach: Session descriptions, target audience, level of expertise, and key learning takeaways are clearly articulated.
- Creativity and innovation: Engaging ways to interact with the audience and/or new perspectives on topics are delivered.
- Impact: Session provides practical application and encourages attendees to take action.
If selected as a speaker, the following is expected of you:
- Commit to presenting. Secure the conference dates on your calendar now. Last-minute speaker changes will not be accepted.
- Get engaged! Help spread the word about your session through your social media networks to increase attendance and generate excitement around your topic and the conference. Some ideas: participate in blog posts, create a short video, or share any information that will convey the importance of watching your session.
- Meet deadlines. All deadlines will be outlined in the online Speaker Resource Center (link provided in your confirmation email). Please plan to meet the deadlines provided.
- Deliver on your takeaways. Ensure your final presentation aligns to your published session description and delivers the key learning objectives you established. Consider providing resources or handouts to make the learning more tangible.
If you need assistance or have any questions regarding speaking at K–12 UC Virtual 2021, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.