There is no cancellation policy for new virtual registrants as attendance is FREE. Registrants will be able to access K–12 UC Virtual 2021 content on-demand through August 13, 2021. Blackbaud will only issue cancellations for registrants who submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to sign up all team members looking to access the content.
There is no substitution policy for new virtual registrants as attendance is FREE. Blackbaud will not issue substitutions and we encourage all team members to sign up who are looking to access the content.
At Blackbaud, we are committed to respecting your privacy. Reference our company policy as it applies to your geographic location:
Registration and participation in sessions and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to Blackbaud’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant's or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, or audiotapes of such.
K–12 UC Virtual participants who opted-in at registration to connect with sponsors permit Blackbaud to provide your contact information to sponsors for pre, during, and post communications. Participants who choose to opt-out of sharing information during registration may still connect directly with sponsors via the Marketplace during the conference if they desire to learn more.
All participants must read and agree to Blackbaud's event code of conduct during registration.
Blackbaud recognizes the value of providing a safe and welcoming environment and is committed to doing so at our hosted events. All Blackbaud hosted events are for everyone in the social good community. Blackbaud events, both live and virtual, aim to be inclusive for all, regardless of race, ethnicity, disability, religion, political affiliation, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and any other distinguishing characteristic. We do not tolerate discrimination, intolerance, harassment, aggression, or ill-will of any kind at any Blackbaud event, whether in person, virtually or communicating through online forums.
LIVE & VIRTUAL EVENTS
We expect all participants - Blackbaud employees, attendees, presenters, sponsors, vendors, and guests to:
- Remain positive, friendly, and welcoming to others always in person and in virtual event environments (webinar, livestream, etc.)
- Recognize that Blackbaud events encourage diversity of thought, organization, and individuals; as such, be respectful and inclusive; avoid disruptive speech or behavior that interferes with another individual’s participation
- Comply with instructions from event and venue staff including moderators and virtual event staff
- Comply with all applicable laws
- Always wear your conference badge
- Be alert and report any discriminatory, harassing, aggressive, or exclusionary behavior or speech to event staff immediately
BLOGS, ONLINE FORUMS, AND SOCIAL MEDIA
The Blackbaud online community is steered by a "common sense" attitude across all media channels which include but are not limited to Blackbaud blogs, online forums, and social media. The above guidance is also applicable when engaging online. We expect all participants - Blackbaud employees, attendees, presenters, sponsors, vendors, and guests engaging online to comply.
Examples of unacceptable behavior(s) are noted below, but are not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct–including deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following; photography or recording used to harass; perpetual disruption of sessions, talks or other events
- Physical, written, verbal, or other abuse–as determined by the event organizer and its representatives in their sole discretion
- Unruly, lewd, or vulgar behavior or language–with sexually explicit or offensive language, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs
- Wearing unsuitable clothing for a professional environment–considered provocative or offensive
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the venues, virtual platforms, and Blackbaud–Be mindful of members of the public at venue and avoid any destruction or vandalizing of property or venues
- Possessing open containers of alcohol outside designated event areas and being intoxicated– Drink responsibly, employees adhere to all company policies, drink alcohol only in reasonable quantities, and make plans to avoid driving after drinking alcohol
- Inappropriate physical contact–such as unwelcome sexual advances, groping, sexual assault
- Possession of a weapon or any item that can be used as a weapon–Weapons include guns, knives, swords with blades, chemicals or any other item whose purpose is to cause harm to another person, regardless of whether individual possesses a concealed weapon permit or is allowed by law
- Possessing any illegal substance–Blackbaud does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances anywhere in the event venues
CONSQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone engaged in unacceptable behavior is subject to expulsion from the event, in Blackbaud’s sole discretion, without refund.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in disqualification from participating in future live and virtual events and from engagement across Blackbaud blogs, online forums, and social media channels.
REPORTING UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being treated poorly, or have additional concerns, please contact any member of the Blackbaud team. Team members can be found onsite at the information desks at live events during registration hours. For virtual event participants, please contact designated support staff or session moderators. Additionally, contact email@example.com or to report incidents at any time of the day.
We expect all participants to follow this Code of Conduct at all event venues, all related social event venues, in the virtual environment and across media channels. The policy may be revised at any time by Blackbaud without notice. In the event of an emergency, please contact local authorities immediately.
©Blackbaud, Inc. 2021
- Speaking at K–12 UC Virtual 2021 is FREE
- Current Blackbaud Partners who submit a session to speak may be required to sponsor. If you have any questions about Partner requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Breakout sessions are meant to be educational; sales pitches for products or services in the proposals are strictly prohibited and will be rejected immediately. In addition, during any/all educational sessions (in-person, online, etc.) speakers/presenters must not engage in any sort of sales activities during their session. Sales activity is reserved for the expo hall and for the numerous networking activities offered during the conference.
- As a speaker, you are to refrain from biased political views -- please ensure a balanced representation of perspectives to reflect our community’s diversity.
- Apolitical + bridge-building: speakers are required to read every piece of content that references a contentious political issue through the lens of both someone supportive and someone opposed and ensure that the language and posture used does not unnecessarily alienate people on either side.
- Best-practices: speakers who reference politically-oriented organizations should be doing so in a way that makes it clear they are drawing on an opportunity to learn best practices, and be particularly careful that the way they are engaging wouldn’t read like an endorsement of the specific group.
- Cause-sensitive: speakers should be careful to avoid any messaging that “exploits” public events for funding.
- Please contact Blackbaud immediately at email@example.com in the event that an emergency should prevent you from meeting your obligation as a speaker.
- Blackbaud, its representatives and employees reserve the rights to take photographs and/or videos of presenter/speaker(s) and their property to copyright, use and publish in print and/or electronically. Presenter/speaker(s) grants permission to Blackbaud to use such photographs and/or videos without presenter/speaker(s) name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, email, social media, web content.
- By submitting your session, if selected, you grant Blackbaud the rights to rebroadcast portions of the session or the session in its entirety after the event dates. Primary usage may be a post-event encore series, inclusion in podcast series, or other Blackbaud campaigns.
By submitting a proposal to speak at an event hosted by Blackbaud, you agree to the speaking policies and pledge to embrace the diversity of all individuals; to respect attributes such as sex, gender identification, race, ethnicity, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, nationality, socioeconomic status, religion, physical ability, mental ability and expression. I understand and support the importance of inclusion, safety of expression, and respect for different points of view. I pledge to provide at all times an atmosphere in which attendees have space to share openly.