All sessions are scheduled in Eastern Time. If you join early, you will be taken to a Waiting Room page and you will be redirected to your live session two (2) minutes prior to the start time. Visit the Tech Tips page to learn about all the great technology we will use during the conference and how to prepare best. Most sessions will be delivered using Microsoft Teams. The recommended live user experience is joining via computer desktop and downloading the Microsoft Teams desktop app. Consultations and 1:1 meetings are delivered in the Swoogo web browser and available only on desktop.
Learn how install a Financial Edge NXT® connector for Power BI and build a basic dashboard embedded in Financial Edge NXT®.
This session will be using the Microsoft Power Platform and assumes that all attendees will have appropriate privileges to create data visualizations in Power BI and make Apps on Power Apps. Please visit both these sites right now and click on “Create” in the left sidebar navigation. If you are prompted to upgrade, then you do not have access and will need to contact your IT administrator as soon as possible to ensure you have access to a paid account or free trial in advance of June 17th.
In this Skills Lab, we will be creating a Power BI dashboard for a Project Record, embedding the dashboard into a Power App, and then embedding the Power App on the Project Record in Financial Edge NXT.
To successfully participate in the Skills Lab, please ensure you have completed the following steps:
- Create a SKY Developer account if you do not already have one. This account represents you as a developer within the Blackbaud Developer Portal.
- Visit GitHub and complete the Read-me instructions for Installation of the Power BI Connector for Financial Edge NXT. We will review this step quickly at the beginning of the Skills Lab if you get stuck.
- Ensure you have access to Control Panel -> Applications within Financial Edge NXT.
- Review the SKY Add-in documentation.
- To participate fully in this Skills Lab, we recommend you use 2 monitors – one to follow along with your expert instructor,= and the other open to the workspace, in this case the Microsoft Power Platform, to follow along with the build.